Saturday, September 8, 2012

Achieving Zen through Dilithium

So, since I’ve started trying to make Zen through the Dilithium Exchange in Star Trek Online, a simple Excel file has been incredibly useful for me. The old adage, “buy low, sell high” is very useful and easy in this situation. Care to see? Tracking after the break.


Week of Mon Tues Weds Thurs Fri Sat Sun
8/27/2012 160 165 161 156 158
9/3/2012 157 157 157 156 153 152

So far the 165 looked like it was a great time to sell Zen for Dilithium. Conversely, 152 was a wonderful time to sell Dilithium for Zen. There’s not enough data to really figure much out, and I can’t say much without just flat out guessing at this point. Moreover, it’s the whole psychology behind things isn’t really there for me yet.

I’m curious to see how this works out in the long term. At the very least, waiting until the weekend to buy Zen, and buying Dilithium mid-week seems like a good strategy.

Thus far I’ve got two sources of revenue, and happily enough its in both streams.
  • As a Lifetime member of STO, I get 500 Zen per month as a “stipend.”
  • I earn Dilithium by playing the game, primarily through Duty Officer missions.
This week I got my stipend, and spent a bit of it on expanding my Duty Officer max from 250 to 300. As a result, I’ll be getting more Duty Officers to help me do more DOFF missions. This will help me earn Dilithium faster since the better paying missions require more specialized officers, I’ll be able to have better officers to choose from, etc.

Also, I took the leftover Zen and added it to my overall assets. So, when the pendulum swings the other way, I’ll be able to use the Zen to buy Dilithium. When it goes back, I’ll be able to make a profit on it.

So far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment