Thursday, September 20, 2012

[STO] Dilithium tracking 9/20/12

Three weeks of tracking! :D

This has been a pretty big week for me, though. The Tholian Lock Boxes are coming to an end, but Cryptic is bringing back the Ferengi and Cardassian Boxes for a limited time. But, what’s even bigger, and better, than that is they’ve put the Master Keys on sale for 15% off! As a result, I’ve managed to buy a few extra keys and sold them on the Exchange. Right now I’ve got over 14 million Energy Credits stashed away, which is nice considering I started with well under 100,000 not that long ago. Tracking chart after the break!
Mon
Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat Sun
8/27/2012 160 165 161 156 158
9/3/2012 157 157 157 156 153 152 153
9/10/2012 154 153 154 154 154 154 154
9/17/2012 155 156 155 155

Its interesting to watch the tension in the game when it comes to buying Zen versus buying Dilithium. I suspect that immediate gratification factors in – people want Dilithium now, and thus the prices have been pretty stable. As such, someone wanting to get more for their Zen must be frustrated at the moment; things are very much favoring Dilithium sellers.

image
image

I’ve started watching the pools themselves a bit more. I personally find it interesting in that you can see how much people are willing to trade. Move the decimal two places to see the real-world value of the pools! I’ve started tracking the other side of things, but don’t have enough data to see much yet. It’s a way of seeing supply and demand, really. In the chart above, what you’re seeing is supply; how much Dilithium is being made available. I don’t know the back end of things, nor how they’re arriving at their “Top 5” lists, but oh well.

Pool #1 (on the far right) is where most of the action is. That’s where the most available Zen is. Now, this changes regularly – sometimes pool #1 is at 154, sometimes 155, etc. I think, more than anything, it shows the amount of trading potential going on. You’ll notice pool #5 (far left) has two spikes in it. I’m guessing those are people making Zen available at a more favorite price to them. You can see other spikes in the other pools, and times when pool #2 has parity with pool #1. Is the Zen:Dilitium market something that can be manipulated? I’m not sure. I do suspect there are people trying to get more Dilithium for their Zen, though, and we see spikes in the other rates accordingly.

Hopefully I can figure out how to better show all this using Excel and/or Access!

No comments:

Post a Comment