Thursday, May 16, 2013

[STO] Dilithium Tracking 5/16/13

   We're inching closer to the release of The Legacy of Romulus! People are playing on test, dev blogs are coming out regularly, and seems that City of Heroes alumni Matt Miller (aka Positron) is also doing some work with Cryptic! He tweeted:
If you play #StarTrekOnline, this weekend is Open Beta for the Legacy of Romulus expansion.
Followed by:
And if you play, you can see what I've been up to. I worked on creating the Klingon Tutorial #STO#LegacyOfRomulus
I'm really looking forward to trying it out now. Apparently its a contract gig, but hey, maybe it'll lead to a full time position. As an ex-Cryptic employee, he'd be coming around full circle! And, regardless of which game he worked on, having such an awesome developer on the team would be fantastic. Maybe they could get Melissa Bianco next? But, you didn't come here to listen to me rant on like a fanboy, so here's the data!

Slide1

While we're still up from the Crystalline Catastrophe dip, we're still lower than not so distant past. I don't know about anyone else, but I've not been playing much at the moment, preferring to take advantage of the relative lull and play other games (darn Steam sales). While there's still some variation in the Z:D rates, they're pretty stable at the moment. I expect they'll go down again when TOR comes out due to supply increasing and more players willing to pay a premium for it, but we'll see.

I don't know about anyone else, but I hope the introduction of the Romulans will boost the new player population by an appreciable amount. Retaining long-term players is great, and I like Cryptic doing things to make me happy, but having more players for all the factions would be ideal. I think it'll be a great time to get friends and family to join in, though - the content should be very good, everyone will be starting fresh with the Romulans (relatively speaking), and the game is really quite good these days. Perfect time to recruit ;)

Slide2

Slide3

No comments:

Post a Comment