The Market has been dramatic as of late! The Top 10 offers have dropped again, and the Z:D Exchange Rate is going back up. Now, that’s not necessarily a bad thing; the rate is still overall pro-Dilithium, but people buying Dilithium with Zen are getting a little more for their money. Why the relatively sudden change? I’m not sure. I’ve never been able to really figure out a correlation between the Z:D rate and offer volume.
Things that have been suggested to me:
- A recent Zen sale is affecting pricing.
- Recent Store sale is affecting pricing.
- People are finishing Reputation and Fleet projects, resulting in more available Dilithium.
- Someone has found some new exploit, and is increasing supply of Dilithium.
- The announcement of cheaper Fleet Projects has altered what people are doing.
- More people are selling Dilithium because they want to have Zen ready for The Legacy of Romulus.
Update (11:28am HST): As of a few moments ago the Exchange rate was 1:133. Total volume being traded is quite low. So, Dilithium supply isn’t really the issue for the rate becoming more pro-Zen. Now, people buying Dilithium is likewise quite low, which could be more of a factor – the few who are buying want more than they’ve been getting (which makes sense to me). I’m going to guess there might be a lot of offers at lower rates that are outside the top 10, thus are invisible. I’m wondering how many people are saving Zen for The Legacy of Romulus, and how many are trying to blow out all their fleet projects with their Dilithium. Low supply, low demand, and the demand-side aren’t the folks who are willing to pay a premium…