Tuesday, October 2, 2012

[STO] They got a Korath Temporal Science Vessel!

screenshot2012100219561

A player I’m happily acquainted with let me know that they got a Korath Temporal Science Vessel! It’s a really cool ship, and one I’d really like to have for my KDF Science character. Best part about it? They didn’t pay a dime.

I asked, “how did you do it? What was your strategy?” Their answer?
I made most of the money, I think, selling duty officers - they're effectively free.
Unreplicatable materials were an option I hadn't considered - previously, master keys had been most of my money-making strategy, but it does seem uncommon unreplicatables offer a better return. They do require a bit more patience - master keys will sell almost immediately, but unreplicatables can take a few days. 
I also made a fair amount buying lockboxes with dil the day they were released and selling them on the exchange - bit greedy, I know, but for a while you could sell a 200 dil lockbox for 40,000 credits and have it sell within minutes.
Emphasis added. Most notably, I had completely spaced out on converting DOFFs from one type to a lower variety. Granted, my main character is in the process of trading up Duty Officers, so that might be part of it. But, yeah, its so obvious and now I feel quite silly!

So, congratulations! It’s a sweet, sweet looking ship, and I’m a little jealous at the moment! For everyone else, and a reminder to myself, keep at it! Be patient, be willing to learn, try new things, and you’ll get where you’re going!

No comments:

Post a Comment