Sunday, February 2, 2014

DPP Yoga: Week 5 add-on

So, done with my Week 5! Today was *hard* - Diamond Dozen and Fat Burner - but it was *great*
The slower pace of the Diamond Dozen gave me time to think about what I was doing, so I made some improvements on my level of engagement. I don't quite know how to explain them (maybe I should draw it later?), but it really helped with Touchdown, Diamond Cutter, and anything involving my arms.
In between DD and FB, I adjusted my heart-rate monitor from Polar's recommended zone settings to DDP Yoga's  (123-143).
Fat Burner was indeed tougher due to the adjustments, but again, it was better for it. I was able to stay in the zone for most of the workout, and actually had to go to Safety Zone at least twice because I exceeded the top end of my zone. My average heart-rate was 119! That's an all time high average for me! Once I get some more practice in with Fat Burner, I'm hoping I can get my average up to 123... that'd be perfect! I wonder if I can do that for Energy...? We'll see.
Loving it! The challenge is great, I'm seeing results, and am enjoying myself. DDP Yoga after work and before dinner is quite satisfying, and I'm hoping this will be a good contributor towards controlling my diabetes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment