Friday, December 7, 2012

[STO] Zen:Dilithium down to 1:101! Downside to Q's Winter Wonderland, maybe?

Its the holidays! In MMO terms, its a generic winter celebration encompassing the same general span of time as Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, New Year's, and Consumermas in general. For Star Trek Online players, that means it is time once more for Q's Winter Wonderland. There's a lot of great prizes this go round, ranging from costume parts to a Breen ship! Seriously, check them out.

But, at the same time? The event went live yesterday. The Z:D rate from 1:110 when I first checked it to 1:107 last night (Hawai'i Standard Time), and down to 1:101 during my lunch break.

Coincidence? Perhaps. It is a weekend, after all, and we all know that weekends bring a drop in the price of Zen as more players log in and try to buy Dilithium. But I'm wondering if a not insignificant portion of the players are currently playing the Winter Wonderland rather than earning Dilithium for themselves and their fleets, nevermind actually selling Dilithium. And that Breen Ship looks pretty darn good if you ask me!

Maybe its bad or unfortunate timing, but its going to be difficult to gauge the effects of the November 29th/30th patch until things return to "normal." In the mean time, I'm not going to be surprised if Z:D dips below 1:100. In fact, I have a lone Zen on the market for 1:99, just in case I miss it! So, if you're selling Zen, now might be a bad time for you. Its certainly a great time to buy Zen, though.

What I'm hoping, however, is that Zen sellers will start to fight back a bit more so the price goes back up. Granted, that's not in my favor, but I'd rather see it higher so its more of a win/win than it is now. Granted, there are many players who'd rather pay money than earn the Dilithium, but its still not as equitable as I'd like it to be.

Of course, when I log in tonight, I'm looking forward to being able to buy the last 9 Zen I need to buy a 10-pack of Master Keys. Yay! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment